Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- December 15, 2014
- Poland Wants U.S. Apple Access
The brown marmorated stink bug could set back integrated pest management, and breeding of apples for insect and disease resistance is an important step forward. Source: Capital Press, December 2, 2014.
- December 15, 2014
- Federated Farmers: Zero Biosecurity Risk a Myth
The Ministry for Primary Industries in New Zealand has increased surveillance efforts to prevent the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug entering the country. Source: Wairarapa Times-Age (New Zealand), December 13, 2014.
- November 10, 2014
- The idea of my own stink bug evokes a whiff of nostalgia
Hold your nose: the brown marmorated stink bug could be heading to Britain. Source: The Telegraph, November 10, 2014.
- November 3, 2014
- Controlling the Stinkers
Eastern fruit growers are working with research entomologists to recover their IPM systems using a new pheromone-baited trap. Source: Good Fruit Grower, November 3, 2014.
- October 24, 2014
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs Plaguing Midtown Sacramento
These persistent bugs are threatening the Central Valley’s agricultural industry and disheartening home gardeners. Source: The Sacramento Bee, October 24, 2014.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- BMSB Biocontrol Identification Workshop, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working Group Members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows