Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- July 28, 2015
- Stink Bugs Studied at Shepherd University
Professor Clarissa Mathews and students at Shepherd University are looking for environmentally benign ways to prevent brown marmorated stink bugs from damaging organically grown crops. Source: Herald Mail Media, July 19, 2015.
- July 13, 2015
- Stink Bugs’ Tree Host Preferences May Provide Management Clues
Scientists from Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia have found that Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs prefer certain wild hosts, including tree of heaven, catalpa, yellowwood, paulownia, cherry, walnut, redbud, and grape. Source: Entomology Today, June 30, 2015.
- July 13, 2015
- Stink Bugs Have Strong Taste for Ripe Fruit
A new study shows that stink bugs have a strong preference for ripe fruit, and they track their favorite fruits throughout the growing season in an effort to maximize access to food. Source: Phys.org, June 29, 2015.
- June 16, 2015
- Those Bugs Stink
What are stink bugs, where did they come from, and how can I get rid of them? Source: The New York Times, June 15, 2015.
- June 15, 2015
- Waiting for the Stink Bugs
A lot of different species emit a stink when threatened, among them the leaf-footed bugs and, of course, stink bugs. Source: CentralMaine.com, June 10, 2015.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2015
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2014
- BMSB Biocontrol Identification Workshop, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working Group Members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows