Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- January 13, 2015
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Is One to Watch on Corn This Year
The brown marmorated stink bug has been detected in seven Alabama counties and suspected in two more counties, based on corn ear damage. Source: Southeast Farm Press, January 13, 2015.
- January 9, 2015
- Research on Stink Bugs Earns John Jay’s Tess Woerner Tobin National Science Honor
High school senior is named a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search for work on the brown marmorated stink bug with Dr. George Hamilton of Rutgers University. Source: Bedford-Katonah Patch, January 9, 2015.
- January 5, 2015
- Small Pests a Big Worry for MPI Border Clearance Staff
Hundreds of foreign species have been intercepted coming in to New Zealand in the past few years, including the brown marmorated stink bug. Source: The Press (New Zealand), January 2, 2015.
- December 15, 2014
- Poland Wants U.S. Apple Access
The brown marmorated stink bug could set back integrated pest management, and breeding of apples for insect and disease resistance is an important step forward. Source: Capital Press, December 2, 2014.
- December 15, 2014
- Federated Farmers: Zero Biosecurity Risk a Myth
The Ministry for Primary Industries in New Zealand has increased surveillance efforts to prevent the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug entering the country. Source: Wairarapa Times-Age (New Zealand), December 13, 2014.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2014
- BMSB Biocontrol Identification Workshop, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working Group Members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows