Video: Reducing Disinfectant Exposures in the Workplace
The National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) has developed a video that provides important safety and risk management information for professionals who use antimicrobial products in the workplace, including teachers and nurses.
The video details several important topics pertaining to the use of disinfectants:
- Classifying antimicrobials as pesticides and the definition of a pesticide.
- History of occupational exposures to antimicrobials.
- Common factors that lead to pesticide exposures in the workplace.
- Health risks associated with a few of the most commonly used disinfectant chemicals.
- Concrete steps users can take to mitigate these risks.
Additional information about antimicrobials can be found on the NPIC website: