The Northeastern IPM Center Starts a Diversity in IPM Initiative
The Northeastern IPM Center is developing a series of articles, roundtables, and talks about Diversity in IPM in 2022, in alignment with the various diversity-focused months throughout the year (Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ, Disability, Asian Pacific, American Indian, Women).
The goals of this initiative are to:
- Create a welcoming environment in IPM. Develop awareness of career trajectories.
- Increase awareness about resources available for young scientists to build their careers.
- Build community among professionals and develop awareness about inclusivity in IPM.
- Expand capacity in the Northeast for creating programs such as the PA/NY extension programs for the Hispanic community.
We’re reaching out to our IPM community to seek people who might be interested in:
- Hosting a panel discussion
- Presenting research by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) scientists or those from other under-represented communities
- Interviewing an established or elder BIPOC IPM scientist
- Contributing information/links/bios about scientists for a Diversity in IPM web page
- Sharing another idea that we haven’t thought of that you think would be beneficial
- Please do recommend someone in your network or throw your name in the hat.
- Please email Jana Hexter with your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback about how to develop this initiative.
Northeastern IPM Center