Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- September 21, 2014
- Feds Start Second Annual Census of Invasive Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs
Tracking where the stink bug shows up at this time of year may help people prevent them in the future. Source: The Columbus Dispatch, September 21, 2014.
- September 16, 2014
- Help the USDA Count Stink Bugs in West Virginia
The USDA Appalachian Fruit Research Station is looking for more “citizen scientists” to participate in its 2014 Great Stink Bug Count. Source: West Virginia Public Broadcasting, September 16, 2014.
- September 3, 2014
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Biology and Management Options Discussed in Open-access Journal Article
A new, open-access article in the Journal of Integrated Pest Management describes available management options for BMSB, as well as information about its origin and spread, its life stages and biology, and the types of damage it does to various host plants. Source: Entomology Today, September 3, 2014.
- September 2, 2014
- All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: Kudzu Bug and Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
Learn about two new invasive insects in this webinar presented by Dr. Michael Toews (Univ. of Georgia) and Dr. Tracy Leskey (USDA ARS). September 5 at 2:00 pm EDT.
- August 26, 2014
- Photo Slices Provide Detailed Images of Tiny Wasps for Biocontrol Efforts
Using specialized digital photography methods, USDA scientists are providing valuable taxonomic support to researchers examining Asian Trissolcus species for potential use against BMSB. Source: Entomology Today, Aug 26, 2014.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- BMSB Biocontrol Identification Workshop, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working Group Members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows