Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- April 8, 2014
- Stink bugs expand to 41 states, Europe; no winter kill-off
Stink bug infestations have spread to 41 states and Europe’s farm basket, having lived through the super-cold and snowy winter by making their own antifreeze. Source: Washington Examiner, April 8, 2014.
- March 12, 2014
- Sorry. Winter isn’t killing the stink bugs.
Winter’s freezing temperatures may not be enough to rid the Mid-Atlantic of these annoying and destructive pests. Source: Baltimore Sun, March 12, 2014.
- March 4, 2014
- Scientist SWAT team combats stink bug invasion
Washington State University is one of 10 institutions across the nation whose researchers are working to head off an invasion of the brown marmorated stink bug. Source: WSU News, March 4, 2014.
- March 3, 2014
- Winter’s freeze stopped ash borers and stink bugs cold, but they’re primed for a comeback
Researchers monitor the effect of cold weather on destructive pests. Source: The Washington Post, March 3, 2014.
- February 27, 2014
- Extreme Cold Possible Threat to Stink Bugs
Extreme winter temperatures may knock them back a bit, but temperature alone is not the only factor determining stink bug survival. Source: Newsworks.org, February 27, 2014.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Bulletin (PDF) and Fact Sheet (PDF) (Pest Threats/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug in Maryland (PDF) (Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working group members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows