Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information
Our new website launches the latest research findings about the invasive insect, with a photo identification guide and advice on how to control it. Learn more at StopBMSB.org.
Quick Links to StopBMSB.org
- Video Series: Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- BMSB in the News
- Stink Bug Basics
- Where Is BMSB?
- Managing BMSB
Stink Bugs in the News
BMSB in the News (StopBMSB.org)
- August 26, 2014
- Photo Slices Provide Detailed Images of Tiny Wasps for Biocontrol Efforts
Using specialized digital photography methods, USDA scientists are providing valuable taxonomic support to researchers examining Asian Trissolcus species for potential use against BMSB. Source: Entomology Today, Aug 26, 2014.
- August 21, 2014
- Stink Bugs Wreak Havoc on Willamette Valley Crops
The brown marmorated stink bug is affecting peppers, peach, and pear crops near Portland, Oregon. Source: KGW.com, Aug 21, 2014.
- July 25, 2014
- Kicking up a stink over another unwanted pest
The brown marmorated stink bug is keeping biosecurity managers awake at night in New Zealand. Source: Manawatu Standard, July 25, 2014.
- July 16, 2014
- USDA Researchers Identify Stink Bug Attractant
USDA researchers have deciphered the chemical signals the brown marmorated stink bug uses to attract other stink bugs, opening the door to the development of new traps and pest control technologies. Source: USDA Agricultural Research Service, July 16, 2014.
- June 9, 2014
- Alarmed by new invader, Minn. ready to strike back at stink bug
Minnesota researchers will monitor the insect’s spread and try to identify a biological control for the bug. Source: StarTribune, June 9, 2014.
How to Identify, Monitor, and Manage Stink Bugs
- Stink Bug Management with Trap Crops on Organic Farms archived webinar (eOrganic at eXtension.org)
- Monitoring for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Identify the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- How to Control the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Rutgers Univ.)
- Pest Alert: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Northeastern IPM Center)
- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Control: Keeping Stink Bugs Out of Your House (video) (Home and Garden Information Center/Univ. of Maryland Extension)
- BMSB Fact Sheet and E-book (Pennsylvania IPM Program)
- Eastern NY Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Project (Hudson Valley Regional Fruit Program)
- BMSB in New Hampshire (UNH Cooperative Extension)
- BMSB Tracking Tool (Stinkbug-Info.org)
- Penn State Stink Bug Monitoring Tool Expands Nationwide
Información en español
- Chinche Apestoso (o Vaquiña) Marrón Mármol - El chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM) es una plaga grave de frutas, vegetales y cultivos agrícolas en los Estados Unidos.
- El Chinche Apestoso Marrón Marmolado (PDF) - Biología e identificación del chinche apestoso márron marmolado (CAMM).
Stink Bug Presentations
- BMSB Biocontrol Identification Workshop, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2014
- IPM Working Group Meeting, December 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2013
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2012
- IPM Working Group Meeting, November 2011
- IPM Working Group Meeting, June 2011
- ESA Eastern Branch Meeting, March 2011
IPM Working Group
- The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug IPM Working Group is supported by the Northeastern IPM Center (with NIFA funding)
- Working Group Members
- IPM Working Group Seeks Solutions as Stink Bug’s Notoriety Grows