Stink Bug Identification Kits Are Available
When you first encounter what appears to be a brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB), you might be wondering whether it’s the genuine article or an otherwise-innocent, similar-looking species.
To aid in accurate identification and education, the Northeastern IPM Center offers BMSB identification kits, free of charge.
The BMSB identification kit includes:
- BMSB specimen in a bottle
- Stink bug ID guide (Field Guide to Stink Bugs of Agricultural Importance in the United States, 44 pages, illustrated)
- BMSB regional pest alert
- “Specialty Crops at Risk to BMSB Damage” chart
- Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug postcard with link to video series on YouTube and StopBMSB.org
- “IPM for the BMSB” reprint from the IPM Practitioner, eight-page full-color article
- Handy StopBMSB.org carry-along bag
While the kits are free of charge, we do ask that you pay for shipping if you are requesting five or more kits.
To request a kit, visit http://stopbmsb.org/go/kits and fill out our web form.