Stink Bug Identification Kits Are Available
When you first encounter what appears to be a brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB), you might be wondering whether it’s the genuine article or an otherwise-innocent, similar-looking species.
To aid in accurate identification and education, the Northeastern IPM Center offers BMSB identification kits, free of charge.
The BMSB identification kit includes:
- BMSB specimen in a bottle
- Stink bug ID guide (Field Guide to Stink Bugs of Agricultural Importance in the United States, 44 pages, illustrated)
- BMSB regional pest alert
- “Specialty Crops at Risk to BMSB Damage” chart
- Tracking the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug postcard with link to video series on YouTube and StopBMSB.org
- “IPM for the BMSB” reprint from the IPM Practitioner, eight-page full-color article
- Handy StopBMSB.org carry-along bag
While the kits are free of charge, we do ask that you pay for shipping if you are requesting five or more kits.
To request a kit, visit http://stopbmsb.org/go/kits and fill out our web form.
The Northeastern IPM Center promotes integrated pest management for reducing risks to human health and the environment. If republishing our news, please acknowledge the source (“From Northeast IPM Insights”) along with a link to our website.